Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ramblings

I feel like writing but don't know if I have anything to say. This morning someone encouraged me to get as much joy out of life as possible, even w/ the daily ongoing physical struggle. This wasn't an insensitive comment, it came from a woman using a cane. So one of the things I take pleasure in is writing, even if I have nothing to say.

I could pontificate about the larger topics of this life, give my opinion on Obama and the Nobel award, or something of that sort. I could share details about my family's life which would probably bore most of you because we're all living it on some level and it isn't really news. I could tell a silly story about my childhood but could never measure up to my dad's skill in that department.

Why don't I just focus on the now? Right at this moment, Dave is tickling Samantha downstairs. She gets very loud when he tickles. I get very irritated by loud noise so that's why I'm upstairs. It's actually quite therapeutic for her w/ her sensory processing dysfunction, so it's not only just good dad/daughter time. Now she got her feelings hurt by something that happened and is up here w/ me bouncing my exercise ball. I'm getting tired of writing about nothing so I'm going to sign off and get us some dinner. Our kids are at youth group dinner so we just fend for ourselves on Sunday nights. Of course I have to fend for Samantha too. Frozen nuggets, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment