I'm doing a 30 day devotional from the book Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. Today I'm writing a list of my top ten spiritual blessings. Nancy says, "Since a whole lifetime isn't enough to say thanks for these blessings, the next time your mind is troubled by sad or worrisome thoughts, pull out your top ten and consciously transfer your focus from whatever is weighing you down, and start giving thanks for the things on your list." Excellent suggestion.
My top ten I wrote in my journal:
2. Beautiful world to enjoy (take a minute to watch my slideshow!*)
3. God's promises
4. God's protection
5. Family - immediate and extended
6. God's personal leading in my life, Psalm 139:16 "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
Normal, Illinois: Christ Church, campus ministry opportunities, Peoria clinic, wind energy, home-school community and great Christian schools
7. Health and medicine
8. Missions/ missionaries
9. Books - number #1 being the Bible and then all the rest
10. Friendships and Community
* slideshow on This is the Day if you're reading the automatic feed into Facebook Notes